How to Create Folders on iPhone | iPhone Folders
Making folders on your iPhone is a considerable way to reduce mess up on your home screen. Categorizing apps can also make it easier to use your phone. If all your music apps are kept in one place, you won’t have to go hunting through folders or searching through your iphone whenever you need them.
How to Create Folders on iPhone
How to Create folders on iPhone isn’t that obvious, but one you learn the trick, it is very simple. Follow these useful step on creating folders on your iPhone.
- Create folders on iPhone; you will need at least minimum of two apps to be kept in the folder. You can just decide to select the ones you would like to put in the folder.
- Tap slightly and tap on of those apps; until you notice that the apps on the screen starts shaking, as well as as rearranging the apps.
- Drag one of the apps onto the other: When the first app looks its merging into the other one, then quickly take your finger off the screen, with this, i think a folder has been created.
- Difference: This depends on the version of iOS your device is running. In iOs and advance, the folders you just created and it’s suggested name would take up the entire screen. In iOS 4-6, the two apps and a suggested name for the folder in a small strip across the screen.
More Step on How to Create Folders on iPhone
- Edit the name: You can edit the name of the folder by tapping on the name and using the onscreen keyboard.
- If you wish to add more apps into the same folder, all you need to do is tap the wallpaper to minimize the folder, then you drag the apps you want into the folder.
- After you’re done with the adding of apps and you have finished editing the name of the folder, click on the home button below the screen and all your changes would be saved just like when you rearrange your icons.
- To edit an existing folder, tap and hold on the folder until it starts shaking
- Tap it again and the contents appears in full screen.
- By tapping on the text you can edit the folder’s name.
- Then click on the home button to save your changes.
How folders names are suggested.
When you create a folder, the iPhone gives a suggested name to the folder. That name is chosen based on the category that the apps is the folder comes from. For example, if the apps comes from the Social category of the App store, the suggested name of the folder is Social. You can use the suggested names or ad your own using the instructions in the step 5.
Adding Folders to the iPhone Dock | Create folders on iPhone
The four apps below the screen of the iPhone live is what is called the dock. You can add folders to the dock if you wish and to do that,
- Move one of the apps in the dock out by dragging it to the main center of the screen.
- Drag a folder into the empty space below the screen.
- Press the Home button to save your changes.
Create folders on iPhone | Removing Apps from Folders.
If you wish to remove the apps you have once put into your personalized folders on your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps;
- Tap and hold the folder any of the folders you want to remove the app from.
- Once the apps and folder starts shaking, take your finger off the screen.
- Drag the app out of the folder and straight to the homescreen.
- Click the Home button to save the arrangement.
Create folders on iPhone | To delete a folder
Deleting a folder is as the same as removing an App
- Simply drag all the apps out of the folder and onto the Homescreen.
- When you do this, the folder automatically disappears.
- Press the Home button button to ave the changes.