WhatsApp is a cross-platform where its users can send and receive instant messages from their WhatsApp contacts. Therefore this App enables its users to share images, texts, audios, documents and videos for free. Furthermore, the only requirement to enjoy the use of this platform is a good internet service. However, most WhatsApp users do not really know how to retrieve WhatsApp messages when they need to. Therefore, this article is to give them the insight to go about this process.
Furthermore, WhatsApp has about 1.5 billion users that are regularly steadily using the platform on a daily basis. Therefore, this is to tell you about the vast usage of WhatsApp. More so, users can save the message in the archive, delete messages and so on. Therefore, WhatsApp has a lot of features users can enjoy, so if you are not using this app you are definitely losing out.
How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages
Therefore, some WhatsApp users on the platform sometimes may want to retrieve some messages they feel they should have not deleted from their archive. More so, if you want to carry out that process follow these steps below.
- Firstly, uninstall your WhatsApp form your device.
- Then re-install WhatsApp back into your mobile device.
- Therefore, when you re-install you will be notified with a message to restore back your entire backup. Furthermore, this is after you open the re-install WhatsApp on your mobile device. Click on the Restore caption, and you will get back all your messages and media files back on.
Note: If a user has not backed up his or her messages and files before the incidental delete, then they cannot retrieve their messages and media files back. However, always endeavor to back up your messages and file whenever they ask you to do so.
Also, you cannot choose which file to retrieve back or so, because the backup process will retrieve back all your data both the ones you do not need too.
Retrieve WhatsApp Messages via Google Drive
Particularly, you can as well retrieve all your WhatsApp messages simply from your Google drive account storage. Basically this is if the user has already done a backup with their Google drive before. Therefore, users can retrieve a backup copy of their files simply from the Google drive.
How to Restore Files from your Local Storage
Basically, if do not connect your WhatsApp with your Google account, then you can still retrieve your messages and files from your local file. Below are the ways you can achieve the restore process from your local file.
- Go to your SD card on your mobile phone, and then enter your WhatsApp folder.
- Proceed to your database folder. This is where you will see all your WhatsApp chat history.
- Furthermore, choose the files you want to restore from the list. Particularly, the format of the files will be msgstore – the year-month-and day 1.db.crypt12 format. Furthermore, change the format to msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Uninstall your WhatsApp on your device and reinstall it back again. More so, make sure you download the latest version of WhatsApp from Google play.
- Therefore, in the window, you should click on the Restore. However, this will bring back your entire file-back.
WhatsApp has a lot of stuff to offer its users not only knowing how to retrieve WhatsApp messages but also many more features to enjoy.