Hello everyone today on this article I am going to be explaining how to set up Google account on iPhone by adding your email account details to your phone settings. Basically, this instructions apply to any Gmail or G-Suite email account on any iPhone with iOS 11 or above.
How to Set up Google Account on iPhone Mail Using IMAP
There are two simple methods you can use to download email to your iPhone: IMAP and POP. Therefore, you can use any of the two considering your choice. However, IMAP is pretty excellent in its synchronization features.
Using this services your previous Gmail messages will download to your phone and will store in the built-in Mail app. This is also where you can get new emails and as well send email messages to your contacts. More so, use the following steps to get Gmail on your phone using the Gmail IMAP server settings below.
- First, enable IMAP for Gmail on your device.
- Furthermore, on the iPhone home screen, open Settings.
- Then go to Passwords & Accounts.
- Next, choose Add Account, then select Google.
- Enter your Gmail email address, then tap on Next to continue.
- Therefore, enter your Gmail password, then tap Next.
- If a message about two-factor authentication (2FA) appears, simply follow the directions on the screen. The user will then see this if 2FA is enabled for your Gmail account.
- Next, put on the Mail toggle switch to make sure that you can use your email. Also, you can as well enable other items to sync contacts, calendar events, and notes.
- Then tap on Save.
- When you are through with all the process click on the home button to exit to the home screen.
How to Set up Gmail on iPhone Mail Using POP
Basically, on this section the Gmail POP server settings is needed to use Gmail on your iPhone via POP. Below are the set up guide you can use.
- Firstly, you have to enable POP for Gmail if it’s not already turned on. Therefore, you can do this from a web browser using the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab of your Gmail account.
- Then open the Settings app and go straight to Passwords & Accounts > Add Account > Other > Add Mail Account.
- Furthermore, enter your name, email address, and password, then hit on the Next caption.
- Furthermore, select POP.
- Look in the Incoming Mail Server section, enter the Gmail POP server settings:
- Host Name: pop.gmail.com
- Username: Use your full email address.
- Password: The password to your email account
Then in the Outgoing Mail Server section, enter the Gmail SMTP server settings below.
- Host Name: smtp.gmail.com
- Username: Use full email address
- Password: Ensure you use the password to your email account
Save Gmail Settings
- Simply hit the Save Settings caption.
- Then select the Gmail account you just added.
- Click on smtp.gmail.com this you can see towards the bottom of the page, and probably at the top of the next page.
- Make sure to put on the Use SSL toggle switch.
- Therefore, in the Server Port text box, delete the existing number and enter 465 digit number.
Lastly, to complete all the set up Select Done button. This will however save and initiate the complete settings for you to use.