Do you know how to Setup Yahoo Mail Account on Outlook Mail? I guess you do not. Setting up your Yahoo account with Microsoft outlook mail will help you centralize all your email accounts into Microsoft Outlook. However, this makes it easier to find all your messages in one place.
Furthermore, if you have a Yahoo Mail account, here’s how to setup Yahoo mail account on Outlook. Basically, instructions in this article only applies to Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2019.
Yahoo Account Setup
Particularly, before your Outlook account can access your Yahoo account, you have to set up your Yahoo account so as it will access your Outlook account to connect. However, this initial step depends on if you already have the two-step verification enabled on your Yahoo account or not.
Furthermore, if your Yahoo account is secured with two-step verification, generate a Yahoo Mail app password. However, it’s a simple process, and you will use the same app password in place of your Yahoo Mail sign in password when you setup the Outlook mail.
How to Access Yahoo Two Step Verification
Furthermore, if you do not use the two-step verification to secure your Yahoo Mail account ( That is you don’t want to enable it), set your account to enable email clients to process it using your Yahoo account login password.
- Firstly, Log in to your Yahoo email account.
- Look straight to the upper-right corner of the web page, then select your profile name and then choose Account Info.
- Hit on the select caption to pick Account Security.
- Choose to Generate the app password.
- Then select the version of Outlook you wish to use from the menu. Also, you can use Outlook iOS, Outlook Android, or Outlook Desktop to access this process.
- Pick on Generate.
- Therefore, a window will then appears with the password key and instructions as well for you to use it.
More so, you have to as well consider to enable two-step verification on your Yahoo account Outlook settings. However, this provides an additional form of security to protect your account from unauthorized access or hackers.
How to Connect Yahoo Mail With Microsoft 365, Outlook 2016, and Outlook 2019
If you want to add your Yahoo email account to Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, and Outlook 2016 takes just a few process to achieve. Below are the steps to access this process.
- Go straight to the File tab on your device.
- Select the Info caption, then choose Add Account.
- Therefore, enter your Yahoo Mail address, and then hit Connect.
- Next, enter your app password.
- Hit on Connect. Then input your Yahoo Outlook Mail account is added to Outlook.
Yahoo Mail Account Set up in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010
Basically, this is the process for adding Yahoo Mail accounts to Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010. The below steps illustrate the process in Outlook 2013. However, the screens in Outlook 2010 vary slightly, but the menu, options, features and process are the same.
- Hit on File. Select Info, then choose Add Account.
- Choose Manual setup or Additional server types, then hit on Next.
- Choose Pop or IMAP, then select Next.
- In the Server Information area, choose the Account Type drop-down arrow and choose IMAP.
- Furthermore, on the User Information section, input your name and your Yahoo email address.
- In the Server Information section, the Incoming mail server textbox. Then enter imap.mail.yahoo.com. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) textbox, enter this address smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- On the Login Information corner, the user name text box displays the user full name on your Yahoo Mail address. However, you can decide to correct this information if you wish. Then, go to the Password textbox and Input your app password. Mind you, this is the same one you generated if your account uses two-step verification.
- Pick More Settings to continue.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab, Hit on the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox, then select the caption that reads Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Therefore, for both Incoming server (IMAP) and Outgoing server (SMTP), pick and use the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down arrow section and choose SSL.
- In the Incoming server (IMAP) textbox, and enter this code 993.
- Furthermore, use the Outgoing server (SMTP) textbox, and enter this code 465.
- Select OK to return to the Pop and IMAP Account Settings Windows page.
- Click on Next. This tests the account settings you entered.
If everything is correct, and rightly setup the both account will then link up to work smoothly after clicking the Close caption. Therefore, this implies you have are completed the process successfully and your Yahoo Mail account is added to Outlook.