The Facebook video chat is one of the fairly new addition features to Facebook. More so, you may not have being seeing the video new icon on top of your camera icon at the top of you chatting page. Facebook video chat is actually powered by Skype. Furthermore, Skype is an internet telephone service. Facebook offers video chat feature due to the fact that user now refer seeing who they are chatting with.
Therefore, if you see the video icon, you can initiate video Chat with your friends. If you don’t see a video camera icon in your chat windows, then go to Facebook video calling page. However, you can click Get started, but you aren’t prompted to do the video calling set up until you actually try to initiate a call. Therefore, once you try to start your first call, you will be prompted to do your initial setup.
Furthermore, download the file to runs on your computer before you can continue. Then, if they don’t have it setup, you have to wait for your friends to set up their video calling device too. However, if you and your recipient have video calling setup, a popup window appears when you initiate a call as it rings on the other end.
Also, once you can see each other, the call is pretty effortless. According to Facebook F&A, the video is a direct peer-to-peer connection. More so, you won’t have to worry about a server overload.
How to Use Facebook Video Chat
Basically, before a Facebook user can access the video chatting feature, they most follow these steps below.
- Open a chat with the person you wish to do the video chat with. Therefore, make sure to open a conversation with a single person. More so, you cannot really start a video chat with a group for now.
- Hit on the video chat button at the top of the conversation area. Particularly, this will open call with the other person.
If the button is grayed out or not there, the other person is not able to receive a video call this time.
- Wait for the other person to pick up. Therefore, the recipient will have a notification that they are receiving a video call. They will be able to answer using a messenger or the Facebook website and a webcam.
- Press the camera swap button to switch between the front and rear camera. Hit on this button during any video chat to switch between camera messenger displays.
How to video chat on Fbook with the Facebook Website
- Use your PC webcam or connect an External webcam to your computer [if necessary]. Therefore, if your computer doesn’t have a webcam connected, you will need to install one before you can video chat.
- Therefore, open the menu of the chat on your Facebook website. Click the chat menu in the lower-right corner to open the chat menu it isn’t open already.
The Video Chat Process Using Messenger Video Call
- Pick the user you want to video chat with. More so, you can as well choose a person you commonly chat within the list. Also, you can search through all of your friends by typing the name into the field at the bottom of the list. Facebook video chat currently supports chat with a single person at a time. Furthermore Facebook plans to add Group video chat in the future. Also, guide users on How to use the Group Video chat.
- Click the Facebook video chat button. This button looks like the one of a silhouette of a video camera. Particularly, the new window will then appear at the video chat. Particularly, if you are not able to click the video chat button, the recipient is not able to receive video calls.
- Allow Facebook to access your webcam. Therefore, the process for this will vary. This is as a result of the browser you are using. Generally, you will need to click “Allow” or “Share” to allow Facebook to access your webcam.
- Wait for the other person to pick up. The recipient will be notified either through the Facebook website or in the message app, depending on their online status. Furthermore, if the user answers your video chat then it will automatically begin.
This is a full tip on the messenger group video call and Facebook group video chat pointing to how you can use the video calling feature.