You can use this secure service IRS to pay your taxes for form and estimated taxes or any other associated forms directly from your savings or savings account at no cost to you. You can keep the track of your payments easily by signing up for an email notification about your tax payments, each time you use IRS Direct Pay.
- Email notifications contains the confirmation number you receiver at the end of a payment transaction.
- The IRS continues to remind taxpayers to watch out for email schemes. You only receive an email from the IRS Direct Pay when you request the service.
If you already made a payment through Direct Pay, you can use your confirmation number to access the Look Up a Payment feature. You can also modify or cancel a scheduled payment until two business days before the payment date. You can also view your payment history by accessing your online account with the IRS.
To make your payment on IRS, you will need to visit the main website and follow these steps.
- Launch a web browser on your Pc or mobile
- Tap the address bar and type ww.irs.gov
- Click on Pay
When you click on Pay, list of how you can pay appears below so you are to select how you would like to pay. And under Pay we have;
- Bank Account
- Credit or Debit Card
- Payment Plan
- Deposit Taxes
- View Your Account
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS).
IRS Bank Account
When you click on Bank Account, you will need to scroll down to locate “Make a Payment”.
- Click on make a payment.
- Now wait for the page to load.
- Select a reason why you are paying.
- What you would like to apply to it.
- Tax Period for payment then click continue (year and month)
The next step is where you would verify your identity. Direct pay will verify your identity using the information’s on your1040 filing history. So you will need to provide answers to the information’s below according to your 1040 tax return.
- Tax Year for Verification
- Filing Status
- First Name & Last Name
- SSN or ITIN
- Date of Birth (month, Day, year)
Now Move on to Country of Residence
- Select your country
- Street address
- O Box
- City, State or territory
- Zip code then accept the privacy and reduction act
- Press continues to continue with other steps.
IRS Debit or Credit Card
You can do your transaction on the internet by mobile devices whether e-file, paper file or are responding to a bill or notice. It is safe and secure, the IRS uses standard service providers and business/ commercial card networks, and your information is used only to process your payment.
IRS Fees and Information
- Your payment is being processed by a payment processor which charges a processing fee.
- The fees differ by service provider and may be tax deductible.
- None of the service fees goes to IRS.
- Your information is only used to process your payment.